ABC7 Traffic Center
Grapevine accident: 2 killed, 6 injured
GORMAN, Calif. (KABC) -- Two people were killed and six others injured in a multi-vehicle accident on the Grapevine near Gorman. The deadly crash shut down the 5 Freeway for hours.
The crash happened just after 5 a.m. The cause of the accident is unclear, but one car was left overturned on the roadway, and some victims were ejected, police said.
According to CHP officer Adriaan Garcia, the fatalities include a 42-year-old woman and an 11-year-old girl. Both victims were declared dead at the scene. Their names have not been released.
Four people were rushed to a local hospital by helicopter in critical condition. Three of them are children. Two other people were transported to a local hospital by ambulance in unknown condition.
All southbound lanes were closed for more than two hours.
The accident remains under investigation.
traffic delay, accident, abc7 traffic center, leo stallworth
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver 58 min ago
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants 34 min ago
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- Cold front moves across Southern California
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Ventura growers protect crops from freezing
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film
- Gabor husband, daughter fight over spending
41 min ago