ABC7 Traffic Center
Parts of 405, 91 freeways close for construction over the weekend
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Prepare for more traffic back-ups than usual this weekend in Los Angeles and the Inland Empire.
Crews shut down part of the 405 Freeway to prepare for Carmageddon 2. All northbound lanes from the Getty Center Drive ramps to the Ventura Boulevard off-ramp will be closed from 11 p.m. Saturday until 9 a.m. Sunday. The best way to get around the closure is to use Sepulveda Boulevard.
The 405 Freeway will completely shut down between the 10 to the 101 freeways over the weekend of Sept. 29 to demolish the Mulholland Bridge.
To the east, a freeway closure is also coming to the Inland Empire. Drivers there should expect major congestions going in and out of Downtown Riverside.
The 91 Freeway will be closed down for four consecutive nights starting Sunday as Caltrans plans to tear down and rebuild part of the 14th Street bridge. Traffic on the bridge will be reduced to one lane in each direction.
Caltrans says it's part of a plan to widen the freeway, adding an HOV lane. Caltrans says although the closures are inconvenient, an extra lane on the 91 Freeway through Downtown Riverside is essential.
road closure, road construction, abc7 traffic center
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured 11 min ago
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million 57 min ago
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- Google Glass raises public privacy concerns
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments