ABC7 Traffic Center
Parts of 405, 91 freeways close for construction over the weekend
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Prepare for more traffic back-ups than usual this weekend in Los Angeles and the Inland Empire.
Crews shut down part of the 405 Freeway to prepare for Carmageddon 2. All northbound lanes from the Getty Center Drive ramps to the Ventura Boulevard off-ramp will be closed from 11 p.m. Saturday until 9 a.m. Sunday. The best way to get around the closure is to use Sepulveda Boulevard.
The 405 Freeway will completely shut down between the 10 to the 101 freeways over the weekend of Sept. 29 to demolish the Mulholland Bridge.
To the east, a freeway closure is also coming to the Inland Empire. Drivers there should expect major congestions going in and out of Downtown Riverside.
The 91 Freeway will be closed down for four consecutive nights starting Sunday as Caltrans plans to tear down and rebuild part of the 14th Street bridge. Traffic on the bridge will be reduced to one lane in each direction.
Caltrans says it's part of a plan to widen the freeway, adding an HOV lane. Caltrans says although the closures are inconvenient, an extra lane on the 91 Freeway through Downtown Riverside is essential.
road closure, road construction, abc7 traffic center
- Race for LA mayor too close to call 34 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned 22 min ago
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10