ABC7 Traffic Center
Mulholland Bridge shut for weekend for Carmageddon 2 preparations
WEST LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Carmageddon 2 is still one week away, but related construction is already underway in the Sepulveda Pass that could affect weekend travel.
The Mulholland Bridge was shut down Friday night and will stay closed until 6 a.m. Monday As a result of this weekend's closure, traffic will be shifted to the rebuilt south side of the bridge and workers will make adjustments to the roadway, preparing for demolition of the north side next weekend.
The 405 Freeway will be closed in both directions for 53 hours between the 101 and the 10 freeways the weekend of Sept. 29-30. Last year's first edition of Caramgeddon went smoothly because drivers stayed off the roads.
"Last time I just stayed put, I didn't go out," said driver Alana Lea. "But I need to go out next weekend so I'm going to stay with a friend on the other end."
While there were no ugly traffic snarls last summer, some worry drivers won't stay home this year. But detours and construction work resulting from the closures on the 405 Freeway have made travelling on the Westside difficult.
"It actually does affect my routes, and quite often at night it really messes me up when these closures happen," said Lea.
road closure, road construction, carmageddon, abc7 traffic center, amy powell
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 19 min ago
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting 47 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut 41 min ago
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre