ABC7 Traffic Center
Carmageddon 2: CHP warns against I-405 trespassing shenanigans
WEST LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The California Highway Patrol on Tuesday issued a stern warning to anyone who intends to sneak onto the I-405 during "Carmageddon 2."
"Take note, if you access the closed section of the 405 Freeway, you'll be breaking the law and we will be taking the appropriate enforcement action," said CHP Assistant Chief Calvin Aubrey at a news conference.
"Actually, let me be clearer than that for the public. You will be arrested," he said.
A 10-mile stretch of the 405 Freeway will be closed this weekend from the 10 to 101 freeways. Lanes on the 405 will begin closing around 10 p.m. Friday, and the entire freeway stretch will be shut down by midnight. The closure is expected to continue until 5 a.m. Monday.
The warning was issued based on the actions of trespassers last year. One person skateboarded down the freeway. And perhaps the most iconic photo op during the event, a trio set up a dinner table with candles and plates, and toasted with wine.
Officials are also asking the public to stay out of their cars over the weekend or take alternative transportation.
road closure, road construction, carmageddon, abc7 traffic center, rudabeh shahbazi
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic 32 min ago
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder 19 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house 24 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors