ABC7 Traffic Center
Carmageddon 2: Big rigs reportedly ignoring Sepulveda Boulevard restrictions in Sherman Oaks
SHERMAN OAKS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The LAPD was on the lookout for drivers of large trucks who apparently were ignoring temporary height and weight restrictions on Sepulveda Boulevard in Sherman Oaks during Carmageddon 2.
The restrictions were imposed on the boulevard next to the I-405 closure zone for the 53-hour freeway shutdown.
Sepulveda, a major north and south thoroughfare, was reserved for "official use only" and locals, and was reportedly clogged with construction trucks, residents and Caltrans and Metro vehicles. Moveable signs with messages to warn truckers were moved into place in the morning.
Residents along Sepulveda said vehicles have been driving too fast and the noise is difficult to deal with.
"We're trying to stay local and try to stay home and not add to the traffic, but we're here and we have to deal with the noise," Sherman Oaks resident Peter Lund said.
The 405 Freeway was scheduled to reopen by 5 a.m. Monday, with ramps reopening at 6 a.m.
City News Service contributed to this report.
road closure, road construction, carmageddon, abc7 traffic center, amy powell
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery 52 min ago
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)