ABC7 Traffic Center
Carmageddon 2: Big rigs reportedly ignoring Sepulveda Boulevard restrictions in Sherman Oaks
SHERMAN OAKS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The LAPD was on the lookout for drivers of large trucks who apparently were ignoring temporary height and weight restrictions on Sepulveda Boulevard in Sherman Oaks during Carmageddon 2.
The restrictions were imposed on the boulevard next to the I-405 closure zone for the 53-hour freeway shutdown.
Sepulveda, a major north and south thoroughfare, was reserved for "official use only" and locals, and was reportedly clogged with construction trucks, residents and Caltrans and Metro vehicles. Moveable signs with messages to warn truckers were moved into place in the morning.
Residents along Sepulveda said vehicles have been driving too fast and the noise is difficult to deal with.
"We're trying to stay local and try to stay home and not add to the traffic, but we're here and we have to deal with the noise," Sherman Oaks resident Peter Lund said.
The 405 Freeway was scheduled to reopen by 5 a.m. Monday, with ramps reopening at 6 a.m.
City News Service contributed to this report.
road closure, road construction, carmageddon, abc7 traffic center, amy powell
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 11 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 52 min ago
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Target photo flap creates thigh gap 3 min ago
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
7 min ago