ABC7 Traffic Center
Pedestrian struck, killed by car on PCH in Long Beach
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A pedestrian died after being struck by a car on Pacific Coast Highway near the Long Beach (710) Freeway in Long Beach.
Authorities say a woman stepped into the roadway and was hit by a car traveling westbound on PCH at about 5:40 a.m. The woman was declared dead at the scene. Her name was not released pending notification of next of kin.
Westbound lanes of PCH were closed at San Francisco Avenue, and the onramp to the 710 North was also closed due to the accident investigation.
abc7 traffic center
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 33 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months
- Supermarket overload: Too many product...
18 min ago
- more: Get personalized traffic reports and alerts
- map: Traffic view of areas north and west of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of areas east of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of Orange County
- map: Traffic view of the Inland Empire
- map: Traffic view of Ventura County
- map: Traffic view of 101/405 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of 5/10 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of San Diego County