ABC7 Traffic Center
Fuel spill snarls 405 traffic through Sepulveda Pass
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A diesel fuel spill from a big rig shut down multiple lanes on the northbound 405 Freeway, snarling traffic Friday morning.
The spill was reported at about 3 a.m. at Getty Center Drive, according to California Highway Patrol. As of 7 a.m., traffic was backed up to Wilshire Boulevard. Onlookers also slowed southbound traffic, which was backed up nearly to Sherman Way.
Authorities say 90 gallons of fuel leaked onto the road, and crews were setting up sandbags to stop it from getting into storm drains.
The cause of the spill remains unknown. Commuters were advised to take Sepulveda Boulevard as an alternate route while crews work to clean up the spill.
accident, road closure, abc7 traffic center
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 56 min ago
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed 1 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...
- more: Get personalized traffic reports and alerts
- map: Traffic view of areas north and west of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of areas east of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of Orange County
- map: Traffic view of the Inland Empire
- map: Traffic view of Ventura County
- map: Traffic view of 101/405 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of 5/10 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of San Diego County