ABC7 Traffic Center
Fuel spill snarls 405 traffic through Sepulveda Pass
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A diesel fuel spill from a big rig shut down multiple lanes on the northbound 405 Freeway, snarling traffic Friday morning.
The spill was reported at about 3 a.m. at Getty Center Drive, according to California Highway Patrol. As of 7 a.m., traffic was backed up to Wilshire Boulevard. Onlookers also slowed southbound traffic, which was backed up nearly to Sherman Way.
Authorities say 90 gallons of fuel leaked onto the road, and crews were setting up sandbags to stop it from getting into storm drains.
The cause of the spill remains unknown. Commuters were advised to take Sepulveda Boulevard as an alternate route while crews work to clean up the spill.
accident, road closure, abc7 traffic center
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis
- more: Get personalized traffic reports and alerts
- map: Traffic view of areas north and west of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of areas east of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of Orange County
- map: Traffic view of the Inland Empire
- map: Traffic view of Ventura County
- map: Traffic view of 101/405 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of 5/10 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of San Diego County