ABC7 Traffic Center
I-5 through Grapevine reopened with CHP escorts; SR 38 closed
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (KABC) -- Snow shut down the I-5 through the Grapevine for hours Friday. SR 38 in the San Bernardino Mountains was also closed.
Roads through the Grapevine were reopened after 11 p.m., but only with CHP escorts. The CHP said it would continue to monitor roads and could close them again if necessary.
Snow also shut down State Route 38 from Angelus Oaks to Big Bear in the San Bernardino Mountains. It was unknown how long that closure would last.
abc7 traffic center
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- LA family seeks justice after deputy shooting
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard 34 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 51 min ago
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'