ABC7 Traffic Center
Coldwater Canyon Avenue to shut down for 5 weeks
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Traffic is already squeezed by construction on Coldwater Canyon Avenue, but starting this weekend, it's going to get a whole lot worse.
On Saturday, Coldwater Canyon Avenue will close between Mulholland Drive and Ventura Boulevard for five full weeks to facilitate the replacement of a 60-inch water pipeline. The road is expected to be closed for most of the day, every day, until the Department of Water and Power project is finished.
"It is going to be a terrible inconvenience, it is going to cause great delays in traffic both across the canyon and throughout the southern part of the San Fernando Valley," said Los Angeles Councilman Paul Krekorian at a press conference Wednesday.
The project, which will replace a 100-year-old pipe to avoid a rupture, is also expected to be noisy.
construction, road closure, abc7 traffic center
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Help Garth stuff busses full of toys in Ontario
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate