ABC7 Traffic Center
Coldwater Canyon Avenue to shut down for 5 weeks
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Traffic is already squeezed by construction on Coldwater Canyon Avenue, but starting this weekend, it's going to get a whole lot worse.
On Saturday, Coldwater Canyon Avenue will close between Mulholland Drive and Ventura Boulevard for five full weeks to facilitate the replacement of a 60-inch water pipeline. The road is expected to be closed for most of the day, every day, until the Department of Water and Power project is finished.
"It is going to be a terrible inconvenience, it is going to cause great delays in traffic both across the canyon and throughout the southern part of the San Fernando Valley," said Los Angeles Councilman Paul Krekorian at a press conference Wednesday.
The project, which will replace a 100-year-old pipe to avoid a rupture, is also expected to be noisy.
construction, road closure, abc7 traffic center
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa. 56 min ago
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case 59 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Norwood pleads not guilty to weapons charge
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting 11 min ago
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors