ABC7 Traffic Center
Fatal crash shuts down 91 Freeway in Bellflower
BELLFLOWER, Calif. (KABC) -- A multi-vehicle accident on the eastbound 91 Freeway in Bellflower left one person dead and shut down all lanes of traffic on Thursday.
Authorities say three vehicles were involved in the crash, which happened just before 4 a.m. All traffic was diverted off at Lakewood Boulevard.
One person, identified only as a man in his 40s, was declared dead at the scene. Another person was rushed to a local hospital in critical condition.
California Highway Patrol officers were able to open two eastbound lanes to allow traffic through at about 6 a.m. All lanes were reopened just after 7 a.m. Although westbound lanes were not closed, traffic was backed up for miles due to drivers slowing to look at the accident scene.
accident, traffic delay, abc7 traffic center
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 12 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast 15 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
28 min ago
- more: Get personalized traffic reports and alerts
- map: Traffic view of areas north and west of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of areas east of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of Orange County
- map: Traffic view of the Inland Empire
- map: Traffic view of Ventura County
- map: Traffic view of 101/405 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of 5/10 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of San Diego County