ABC7 Traffic Center
Fatal crash shuts down 91 Freeway in Bellflower
BELLFLOWER, Calif. (KABC) -- A multi-vehicle accident on the eastbound 91 Freeway in Bellflower left one person dead and shut down all lanes of traffic on Thursday.
Authorities say three vehicles were involved in the crash, which happened just before 4 a.m. All traffic was diverted off at Lakewood Boulevard.
One person, identified only as a man in his 40s, was declared dead at the scene. Another person was rushed to a local hospital in critical condition.
California Highway Patrol officers were able to open two eastbound lanes to allow traffic through at about 6 a.m. All lanes were reopened just after 7 a.m. Although westbound lanes were not closed, traffic was backed up for miles due to drivers slowing to look at the accident scene.
accident, traffic delay, abc7 traffic center
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne 13 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case 4 min ago
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations 9 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- TSA expands Pre-Check screening program in LA
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Tips on how to avoid Xmas holiday hazards
2 min ago
- more: Get personalized traffic reports and alerts
- map: Traffic view of areas north and west of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of areas east of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of Orange County
- map: Traffic view of the Inland Empire
- map: Traffic view of Ventura County
- map: Traffic view of 101/405 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of 5/10 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of San Diego County