ABC7 Traffic Center
Big rig, Caltrans truck collide on 60 East in Diamond Bar
DIAMOND BAR, Calif. (KABC) -- A big rig and a Caltrans truck collided on the eastbound 60 Freeway in Diamond Bar Wednesday, injuring eight people.
Authorities say the accident happened near Grand Avenue at about 10:15 a.m. Caltrans crews had been working on the side of the road, cleaning trash off the freeway.
The big rig driver was trapped inside his vehicle and had to be extricated by a rescue team. The truck driver and seven other people were taken to area hospitals in unknown condition.
Four eastbound lanes were shut down, causing a major traffic back-up in the area.
The cause of the accident has not yet been determined.
accident, abc7 traffic center
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US 35 min ago
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 37 min ago
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange 52 min ago
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Harry Potter play in the works by J.K. Rowling 24 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future 17 min ago
- more: Get personalized traffic reports and alerts
- map: Traffic view of areas north and west of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of areas east of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of Orange County
- map: Traffic view of the Inland Empire
- map: Traffic view of Ventura County
- map: Traffic view of 101/405 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of 5/10 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of San Diego County