ABC7 Traffic Center
Big rig, Caltrans truck collide on 60 East in Diamond Bar
DIAMOND BAR, Calif. (KABC) -- A big rig and a Caltrans truck collided on the eastbound 60 Freeway in Diamond Bar Wednesday, injuring eight people.
Authorities say the accident happened near Grand Avenue at about 10:15 a.m. Caltrans crews had been working on the side of the road, cleaning trash off the freeway.
The big rig driver was trapped inside his vehicle and had to be extricated by a rescue team. The truck driver and seven other people were taken to area hospitals in unknown condition.
Four eastbound lanes were shut down, causing a major traffic back-up in the area.
The cause of the accident has not yet been determined.
accident, abc7 traffic center
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought 36 min ago
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts 3 min ago
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres 28 min ago
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack 39 min ago
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries 57 min ago
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report
- more: Get personalized traffic reports and alerts
- map: Traffic view of areas north and west of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of areas east of L.A.
- map: Traffic view of Orange County
- map: Traffic view of the Inland Empire
- map: Traffic view of Ventura County
- map: Traffic view of 101/405 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of 5/10 Interchange
- map: Traffic view of San Diego County