Vista L.A. for Sun., January 20
SOUTHLAND (KABC) (KABC) -- Here's some additional information from the Vista L.A. show we aired on Sunday, Jan. 20:
The toughest Chicano
Minnesota Vikings football legend Joe Kapp returned to his alma mater, Hart High School in Santa Clarita. Joe is the only quarterback in history to play in a Rose Bowl, a Canadian Grey Cup and a Super Bowl. Joe talked to Vista L.A. about his college football Hall of Fame career, being the first Latino to start in a Super Bowl and coaching Cal to a last-second victory over Stanford by calling "the Play," which is forever etched in football lore.
Joe Kapp is a longtime supporter of the Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF), the nation's leading organization supporting Hispanic higher education. HSF's vision is to strengthen the country by advancing college education among Hispanic Americans. Founded in 1975, as a 501(c) (3) not-for-profit organization, HSF has provided the Latino community more college scholarships and educational outreach support than any other organization in the country.
For more information on the 25th Anniversary of "the Play," visit www.JoeKapp.com.
To help or support the Hispanic Scholarship Fund, visit www.hsf.net.
Soccer for all
The Passback Program is a joint effort between the U.S. Soccer Foundation, Eurosport and Major League Soccer to help meet the soccer uniform and equipment needs of all communities, regardless of income, gender or location. Since its inception, the program has collected thousands of pieces of equipment to distribute to schools, clubs and youth organizations across the nation. From a small school in Zimbabwe to an inner-city school in Los Angeles, Passback gear has found its way to all corners of the globe.
To donate sporting equipment or volunteer for the Passback program, visit www.passback.org.
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 31 min ago
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery 3 min ago
- Griffith Park mountain lion exposed to poison
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)