Vista L.A. for Sun., May 11
SOUTHLAND (KABC) -- Additional information for the Vista L.A. show aired on Sunday, May 11.
COURTING LATINO MOVIE-GOERS
Due to overwhelming numbers of Latino movie-goers, more and more theaters are catering to the Latino community. Once considered a mecca of Mexican and Latin American cinema in the US, the Million Dollar Theater in downtown LA re-opened its doors this year and will continue its legacy of featuring shows and movies for the Latino community. For more information, visit: www.milliondollartheater.com
Also catering to Latino movie enthusiasts is Maya Cinemas, the first chain of theaters with a Latino-theme and special programming for its guests. Maya Cinemas will be opening modern mega-plex movie theaters in predominantly Latino neighborhoods throughout the US. For more information, visit: www.mayareleasing.com
BUILDING A BRAND
You've probably seen designer Eduardo Xol on the ABC hit show "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"&Vista L.A. caught up with him at his offices -- "Xol: Creative" -- to see what else this Renaissance man has in the works.
For more information on Eduardo Xol, visit: www.eduardoxol.com
EVA LONGORIA PARKER'S NEW PASSION
Many actors are adding "restaurant owner" to their resumes, including Eva Longoria Parker of ABC's "Desperate Housewives." Her latest project is "Beso," a Hollywood hotspot putting a latin spin on steaks and seafood. We caught up with "Beso's" Executive Chef, Katie Hagan-Welchel who talked about Eva's flair for cooking and how the actress is hands-on in the kitchen.
6350 Hollywood Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90028
"California Romantica" is a book about Spanish-style architecture by actress Diane Keaton. Author, D.J. Waldie narrates Keaton's vision throughout the book and photographers Lisa Hardaway and Paul Hester capture it in pictures. The book features nineteen homes in California which reached out to Diane Keaton as perfect examples of Spanish style architecture. "Vista L.A." tours some of these homes, through the pages of "California Romantica."
To buy the book "California Romantica," visit: www.rizzoliusa.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780847829750
- Mandela death: So. Africa prepares for burial
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- Unemployment falls to 7 pct, 203K jobs added
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Suspect injured in El Monte police shooting 56 min ago
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- Missing Pasadena City College hiker found
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- World Cup 2014: US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany 28 min ago
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple 12 min ago
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate