Vista L.A. looks at soccer in the city
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- This week on Vista L.A.: Chivas at the park, Dream Job: El Reportero, and a celebrity soccer challenge.
Chivas at the Park
L.A. soccer team Chivas USA is teaming up with the City of Los Angeles' Recreation and Parks Department to bring synthetic soccer fields and professional level coaching to youth in low-income neighborhoods. The program is part of a larger mission to promote health and a love of soccer to L.A.'s youth. Chivas at the Park also serves as a vehicle for the discovery of new talent for Major League Soccer.
To register for Chivas at the Park L.A. call (800) 961-1724 or visit www.chivasatthepark.com for more information.
- Video: Chivas at the Park L.A.
"Dream Job: El Reportero"
Vista L.A. went behind the scenes of reality show "Dream Job: El Reportero." It's a show by ESPN Deportes where they scout the country looking for the network's next sports reporter. Judges like sports commentator David Faitelson and sports expert Jorge Ramos, who also serves as the show host, are part of the selection process. After months of searching it came down to five finalists: Andres Arias, Daniela Rodríguez, Joseph Van Wyk, Daniel Sanchez and Rafael Luna. Mauricio Pedroza, the winner of "Dream Job: El Reporter" in 2006, also helped the reality show find their next star sportscaster.
- Video: "Dream job: El Reportero"
Soccer superstar Mia Hamm and her husband, former Dodger great Nomar Garciaparra, tell us about their annual charity event, the "Celebrity Soccer Challenge." It's part of Mia Hamm's foundation, where her personal goal is to raise money for marrow patients and their families, as well as get people to sign up for the National Marrow Donor Program Registry.
To learn more about the Celebrity Soccer Challenge or to sign up for the National Marrow Donor Program registry, go to www.miafoundation.org
Now you can find Vista L.A. on Facebook: Become a fan today!
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments