Vista L.A. looks at soccer in the city
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- This week on Vista L.A.: Chivas at the park, Dream Job: El Reportero, and a celebrity soccer challenge.
Chivas at the Park
L.A. soccer team Chivas USA is teaming up with the City of Los Angeles' Recreation and Parks Department to bring synthetic soccer fields and professional level coaching to youth in low-income neighborhoods. The program is part of a larger mission to promote health and a love of soccer to L.A.'s youth. Chivas at the Park also serves as a vehicle for the discovery of new talent for Major League Soccer.
To register for Chivas at the Park L.A. call (800) 961-1724 or visit www.chivasatthepark.com for more information.
- Video: Chivas at the Park L.A.
"Dream Job: El Reportero"
Vista L.A. went behind the scenes of reality show "Dream Job: El Reportero." It's a show by ESPN Deportes where they scout the country looking for the network's next sports reporter. Judges like sports commentator David Faitelson and sports expert Jorge Ramos, who also serves as the show host, are part of the selection process. After months of searching it came down to five finalists: Andres Arias, Daniela Rodríguez, Joseph Van Wyk, Daniel Sanchez and Rafael Luna. Mauricio Pedroza, the winner of "Dream Job: El Reporter" in 2006, also helped the reality show find their next star sportscaster.
- Video: "Dream job: El Reportero"
Soccer superstar Mia Hamm and her husband, former Dodger great Nomar Garciaparra, tell us about their annual charity event, the "Celebrity Soccer Challenge." It's part of Mia Hamm's foundation, where her personal goal is to raise money for marrow patients and their families, as well as get people to sign up for the National Marrow Donor Program Registry.
To learn more about the Celebrity Soccer Challenge or to sign up for the National Marrow Donor Program registry, go to www.miafoundation.org
Now you can find Vista L.A. on Facebook: Become a fan today!
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- UK attack driven by radical Islam - officials
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins 38 min ago
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- Bill proposed to reduce night airport noise
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- Okla. tornado tore through 13,000 buildings
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans killed by drones
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- Curious about caviar? Class available in WeHo
- Virgin tops, Spirit flops in airline survey
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- ABC7 relief drive for Okla. tornado victims