Vista L.A.: Artist David Alfaro Siqueiros
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Vista L.A. delves into the life, art and legacy of artist David Alfaro Siqueiros and his influence in Los Angeles.
Siqueiros's works are featured in two unique exhibitions.
The "Siqueiros in Los Angeles: Censorship Denied" exhibition at the Autry Museum of the American West chronicles Siqueiros' time in Los Angeles and the influence he has had on generations of local artists.
The Museum of Latin American Art exhibition entitled "Siqueiros: Landscape Painter" features lesser-known, classical works by Siqueiros, including many paintings which served as sketches for his murals.
Vista L.A. spoke with Autry Museum director Jonathan Spaulding, "Siqueiros in Los Angeles" exhibition curator Luis Garza and "Siqueiros: Landscape Painter" curator and director of Mexico City's Carrillo Gil Museum Itala Schmelz.
The Autry Museum of the West - Griffith Park
4700 Western Heritage Way
Los Angeles, CA 90027
For details on exhibitions and programs, visit:
Museum of Latin American Art - MOLAA
628 Alamitos Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90802
For details on MOLAA exhibitions and programs, visit:
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour