Vista L.A.: Artist Barbara Carrasco
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Vista L.A. looks at the works and inspirations of artist Barbara Carrasco and her influence throughout the U.S.
Carrasco was inspired by the Chicano Movement and a need for Latina voices in the art world.
Her iconic images have been exhibited throughout the U.S., Europe and Latin America. She has also painted numerous murals, including a mural depicting the history of Los Angeles which was eventually censored.
See more of Barbara Carrasco's work at:
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought 35 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere