Vista L.A.: Artist Barbara Carrasco
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Vista L.A. looks at the works and inspirations of artist Barbara Carrasco and her influence throughout the U.S.
Carrasco was inspired by the Chicano Movement and a need for Latina voices in the art world.
Her iconic images have been exhibited throughout the U.S., Europe and Latin America. She has also painted numerous murals, including a mural depicting the history of Los Angeles which was eventually censored.
See more of Barbara Carrasco's work at:
- Echo Park apartment fire kills 2, injures 2
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days 6 min ago
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- '12 Years a Slave,' 'Hustle' lead Globes noms 30 min ago
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks 55 min ago
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
1 min ago