Vista L.A.: 'Gentleman of the Ring'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Vista L.A. looks into the life of Mexican-American boxer Bert Colima, and a new biography about the legendary fighter.
Bert Colima, a Mexican-American boxer from the 20s and 30s, fought an incredible 200 professional bouts, some against many of the best fighters of all time.
Colima became one of the first beloved Latino boxers in Los Angeles. His son, 75-year-old Bert Colima Jr. spoke with Vista L.A. about his late father's legacy and about "Gentleman of the Ring: The Bert Colima Story," a biography he wrote in his honor.
To buy a copy of "Gentleman of the Ring: The Bert Colima Story," visit:
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Secret Service probing Target security breach
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds