Vista L.A.: 'Gentleman of the Ring'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Vista L.A. looks into the life of Mexican-American boxer Bert Colima, and a new biography about the legendary fighter.
Bert Colima, a Mexican-American boxer from the 20s and 30s, fought an incredible 200 professional bouts, some against many of the best fighters of all time.
Colima became one of the first beloved Latino boxers in Los Angeles. His son, 75-year-old Bert Colima Jr. spoke with Vista L.A. about his late father's legacy and about "Gentleman of the Ring: The Bert Colima Story," a biography he wrote in his honor.
To buy a copy of "Gentleman of the Ring: The Bert Colima Story," visit:
- 4.4-magnitude earthquake strikes LA area 50 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- SEALS take oil tanker from Libyan rebels 28 min ago
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians