Vista L.A.: 'Gentleman of the Ring'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Vista L.A. looks into the life of Mexican-American boxer Bert Colima, and a new biography about the legendary fighter.
Bert Colima, a Mexican-American boxer from the 20s and 30s, fought an incredible 200 professional bouts, some against many of the best fighters of all time.
Colima became one of the first beloved Latino boxers in Los Angeles. His son, 75-year-old Bert Colima Jr. spoke with Vista L.A. about his late father's legacy and about "Gentleman of the Ring: The Bert Colima Story," a biography he wrote in his honor.
To buy a copy of "Gentleman of the Ring: The Bert Colima Story," visit:
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved 23 min ago
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy
- 13-year-old leads wild police chase in Iowa
35 min ago
- Nathan Fillion spending summer on big screen
42 min ago