Vista L.A.: 'Gentleman of the Ring'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Vista L.A. looks into the life of Mexican-American boxer Bert Colima, and a new biography about the legendary fighter.
Bert Colima, a Mexican-American boxer from the 20s and 30s, fought an incredible 200 professional bouts, some against many of the best fighters of all time.
Colima became one of the first beloved Latino boxers in Los Angeles. His son, 75-year-old Bert Colima Jr. spoke with Vista L.A. about his late father's legacy and about "Gentleman of the Ring: The Bert Colima Story," a biography he wrote in his honor.
To buy a copy of "Gentleman of the Ring: The Bert Colima Story," visit:
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet 6 min ago
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- LA family seeks justice after deputy shooting 52 min ago
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail 26 min ago
- Jefferson Park area stabbing suspect sought
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow 39 min ago
- Arkansas tornadoes injure 5, damage homes 33 min ago
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'