Vista L.A.: Gaviña family tradition
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Gaviña family owns and operates F Gavina & Sons, a coffee plant in Vernon, California.
Although the Gaviñas are based in Southern California, their family roots can be traced back to their homeland Cuba.
Today, they roast millions of pounds of coffee beans every year and supplies coffee to the biggest fast-food chain in the nation, McDonald's, where Gaviña played a key role in revolutionizing coffee with the debut of "McCafe."
Originally aired Sun., Dec. 12, at 11:30 a.m.
- Tornado hits Oklahoma City suburbs; 51 dead 30 min ago
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX
- Laguna Beach sex assault suspect surrenders
- Fire near Frazier Park 90 percent contained
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74 16 min ago
- OTRC: Seth MacFarlane 'unable' to host Oscars again
- Ex-'DWTS' contestants predict new winner
21 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
26 min ago