Vista L.A.: Gaviña family tradition
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Gaviña family owns and operates F Gavina & Sons, a coffee plant in Vernon, California.
Although the Gaviñas are based in Southern California, their family roots can be traced back to their homeland Cuba.
Today, they roast millions of pounds of coffee beans every year and supplies coffee to the biggest fast-food chain in the nation, McDonald's, where Gaviña played a key role in revolutionizing coffee with the debut of "McCafe."
Originally aired Sun., Dec. 12, at 11:30 a.m.
- Mandela death: So. Africa prepares for burial
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- Unemployment falls to 7 pct, 203K jobs added 26 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought 19 min ago
- Missing Pasadena City College hiker found
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow 4 min ago
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate