Memorial Day weekend warms up in Southland
LAKE BALBOA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The weather warmed up Sunday and Southern Californians headed to the beaches, mountains and parks to enjoy some family fun, good food and a peaceful Memorial Day weekend.
The skies over the Southland were sunny with temps in the low 70s in Los Angeles and Orange County, and low 80s in the valleys and Inland Empire through most of Sunday, a big difference to how the weekend was shaping up to be on Friday.
"Friday was really overcast and rainy - not so great. So, this is a great day to take the family out to the park, and that's what we've done," said Chatsworth resident Jay Tessel, who was enjoying the day at Lake Balboa.
The long Memorial Day weekend can certainly feel like a vacation. Sitting around the barbecue, eating and relaxing is probably not keeping you in the best shape.
A new study advises people to snack and eat foods high in fiber so you won't go hungry all the time. Also, if you go to a restaurant, plan to eat only half your meal.
holiday, beach, weather, amy powell
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks