Memorial Day weekend warms up in Southland
LAKE BALBOA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The weather warmed up Sunday and Southern Californians headed to the beaches, mountains and parks to enjoy some family fun, good food and a peaceful Memorial Day weekend.
The skies over the Southland were sunny with temps in the low 70s in Los Angeles and Orange County, and low 80s in the valleys and Inland Empire through most of Sunday, a big difference to how the weekend was shaping up to be on Friday.
"Friday was really overcast and rainy - not so great. So, this is a great day to take the family out to the park, and that's what we've done," said Chatsworth resident Jay Tessel, who was enjoying the day at Lake Balboa.
The long Memorial Day weekend can certainly feel like a vacation. Sitting around the barbecue, eating and relaxing is probably not keeping you in the best shape.
A new study advises people to snack and eat foods high in fiber so you won't go hungry all the time. Also, if you go to a restaurant, plan to eat only half your meal.
holiday, beach, weather, amy powell
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 23 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed 39 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)