Memorial Day weekend warms up in Southland
LAKE BALBOA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The weather warmed up Sunday and Southern Californians headed to the beaches, mountains and parks to enjoy some family fun, good food and a peaceful Memorial Day weekend.
The skies over the Southland were sunny with temps in the low 70s in Los Angeles and Orange County, and low 80s in the valleys and Inland Empire through most of Sunday, a big difference to how the weekend was shaping up to be on Friday.
"Friday was really overcast and rainy - not so great. So, this is a great day to take the family out to the park, and that's what we've done," said Chatsworth resident Jay Tessel, who was enjoying the day at Lake Balboa.
The long Memorial Day weekend can certainly feel like a vacation. Sitting around the barbecue, eating and relaxing is probably not keeping you in the best shape.
A new study advises people to snack and eat foods high in fiber so you won't go hungry all the time. Also, if you go to a restaurant, plan to eat only half your meal.
holiday, beach, weather, amy powell
- Echo Park apartment fire kills 2, injures 2
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days 30 min ago
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- '12 Years a Slave,' 'Hustle' lead Globes noms 54 min ago
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage 8 min ago
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate
- LA Lakers talk game on Christmas Day
11 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
23 min ago