Humid, hot weather lingers across Southland
SHERMAN OAKS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The hot and humid conditions are sticking around across the Southland, but some relief may be on the horizon.
Some summer rain caused problems for commuters in places like the Cajon Pass. Flooded lanes impacted travel on the 15 Freeway for a time on Friday. The wet weather flooded three northbound lanes of Interstate 15 near Oak Hill Road and slowed traffic to a crawl. The showers also sent water flowing near homes in Hesperia.
When the rain moved out, some very humid conditions moved in. Many in the Southland will be drying out by Sunday following the rare summer rain and high humidity. Saturday, things are still looking muggy with temperatures expected to reach 81 in downtown Los Angeles, 72 for the beaches, 90 in the valleys, 75 in the local mountains, 94 in the high desert and 105 in the low desert.Despite the heat, people still made it out to War Memorial Park in Sherman Oaks to get their workout in for the day.
Cooling center locations have been established throughout L.A. and San Bernardino counties. See a list of locations here, or dial 211 to find a cooling center near you.
The desert and mountains will see 20-30 percent chance of monsoonal thunderstorms, but most of the weather system has moved to the east.
The weekend will slowly cool down and the marine layer will return my Sunday morning, making for a cooler start to the workweek by Monday.
rain, storm, weather, q mccray
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 3 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- Suspects approach women at UC Riverside dorm
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts