In Your Community
ABC7 relief drive: $1.1 million raised for victims of Typhoon Haiyan
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- ABC7 teamed up with the Red Cross for two Los Angeles-area relief drives Wednesday benefiting the victims of Typhoon Haiyan.
By the end of Wednesday, more than $1.1 million had been raised for the typhoon relief effort. Our parent company, Disney, donated $500,000, the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians gave $500,000 and our wonderful ABC7 viewers donated $150,000 in cash (and that doesn't even include those of you who have sent us checks or donated online). Thanks to all who made donations!
Members of the ABC7 Eyewitness News team collected donations from 4:30 a.m. through 6:30 p.m. at both the Honda Center in Anaheim and Rose Bowl in Pasadena.
Relief operations are underway in the Philippines and the death toll is now expected to be well below the original estimate of 10,000, according to the Filipino president, but thousands are still struggling to survive with only minimal amounts of water, food and medical supplies.
OTHER WAYS TO DONATE
If you weren't able to come out to one of the relief drives, here are a few ways you can still donate:
Mail donations to ABC7
Send donations to:
ABC7 Philippine Typhoon and Flood Relief
PO Box 5967
Glendale, CA 91221
All checks should be made out to the American Red Cross, with "Philippine Typhoon and Flood Relief" in the memo line.
American Red Cross
CLICK TO DONATE TO TYPHOON RELIEF EFFORTS
- Call 1-800-RED-CROSS.
- Mail in a donation to a local Red Cross chapter. When sending a check, please make it out to the American Red Cross and add "Philippine Typhoon and Flood Relief" to the memo line.
Mail checks payable to St. George Fontana
17895 San Bernardino Avenue
Fontana, CA 92335-6155 c/o Naida Castro
Add "NAFCON Bayanihan Relief" to the memo line
relief drive, storm, in your community
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- Malaysia plane search widens into Andaman Sea 36 min ago
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Kim Kardashian wears sister Kylie's bikini
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
54 min ago