More rain, snow, wind in Southern California forecast Friday
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Several storm watches warnings remain in effect across Southern California through early Saturday as snow and scattered light rain continues to fall.
According to ABC7 meteorologist Dallas Raines, a winter weather warning is active for most Los Angeles County mountains until noon Saturday and until 10 a.m. in the Big Bear area.
"Carry the chains," he advised for anyone who will be driving in those areas.
The snow level will drop to 4,500 feet, with flakes likely falling throughout Saturday before tapering off on Sunday, Raines said.
In fact, he said, as many as 3 inches may fall around 3,500 feet and as many as 10 inches may fall near Big Bear Lake.
Raines said there is a 20 percent chance of storms in the valleys with high temperatures in the upper 50s and winds out of the northeast between 15 and 30 mph.
In the foothills, isolated thunderstorms are possible, he said.
However, as an area of low pressure moves to the east, parts of the Southland will start to see some clearing sometime Saturday, Raines said.
Earlier Friday, the Antelope Valley and High Desert communities woke up to showers, while the heaviest rain fell over the Inland Empire and foothill areas.
A wind advisory remains in effect until noon Saturday for the Ventura County coast and valleys, the Santa Monica Mountains recreational area, the Ventura County Mountains, the Santa Clarita valley, Los Angeles County and the San Fernando valley, Orange County coastal areas, the San Bernardino and Riverside County valleys and the Santa Ana Mountains and foothills.
Friday's temperatures will reach the 60s for Los Angeles and Orange counties, the Valleys and I.E., 50s in the High Desert communities and mid-30s in the local mountains.
Highs will return to the 70s toward the end of the weekend and into the next workweek for Los Angeles and Orange counties, with a chance of another rain-making system near Thanksgiving.
Take the power of the ABC7 weather team wherever you go with the ABC7 MEGADOPPLER weather app, featuring customizable weather alerts and more. Visit the ABC7 Apps page now to download it.
storm, rain, snow, weather
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed 38 min ago
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 22 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break