Red flag warning lifted across Southern California; temps still high
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A red flag warning was lifted Friday across the Southland, but unseasonably high temperatures and low humidity still posed a fire risk.
The warning expired at 10 a.m. for the Ventura County coasts, coastal valleys, interior valleys, the Los Angeles County coast including downtown, Los Angeles County Mountains, Angeles National Forest, Santa Monica Mountains Recreational Area, Los Padres National Forest and the Santa Clarita and San Fernando valleys.
The winds died down around midday, but the high temperatures and dry conditions still make for a dangerous combination.
The Southland experienced above-average temperatures through Friday with highs in the 80s in Los Angeles and Orange counties, as well as in the Inland Empire and valleys.
A ridge of high pressure is moving into the area, bringing temperatures down about 5 to 7 degrees for the weekend. The system will also bring a bit of moisture into the region. Conditions will still be warm in the 70s.
Expect temperatures in the 60s in the High Desert communities throughout the rest of the week. The local mountains will see highs in the low-50s through early next week.
Take the power of the ABC7 weather team wherever you go with the ABC7 MEGADOPPLER weather app, featuring customizable weather alerts and more. Visit the ABC7 Apps page now to download it.
fire, wildfire, weather
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 5
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Mom of wandering boys was supervised by CPS
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- FBI hunting Hawaii for top terror suspect
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons