6.5-mag. quake shakes wide area of Mexico
MEXICO CITY (KABC) -- A 6.5-magnitude earthquake struck Veracruz, Mexico, and was strongly felt in the capital city on Thursday.
The temblor hit at 8:11 a.m. at the epicenter. Buildings swayed for several seconds in Mexico City.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
earthquake, earthquake center
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains 52 min ago
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- LAPD officers to wear body cameras downtown
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final 17 min ago
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping 10 min ago
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 films to be preserved 18 min ago
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues 33 min ago
- Photos: Leonardo DiCaprio, Matthew M. at 'Wolf' event