3.4-magnitude earthquake shakes Los Angeles area
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Residents near Willowbrook got a jolt out of bed early Monday morning when a 3.4-magnitude earthquake struck at 12:09 a.m.
Viewers said they felt shaking in nearby areas, including South Los Angeles, Carson, Lynwood, Gardena and Bellflower.
There were no reports of injuries or damage.
There also was a much smaller 1.3-magnitude quake centered near Tarzana a few minutes later at about 12:13 a.m.
earthquake, earthquake los angeles, earthquake center, darsha philips
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker 40 min ago
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies 6 min ago
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused of Craigslist murder 2 min ago
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event