5.6-M quake strikes near Oklahoma City
OKLAHOMA CITY (KABC) -- A 5.6-magnitude earthquake rattled central Oklahoma on Saturday night. There were no immediate reports of injuries or major damages.
The U.S. Geological Survey reported the temblor had struck about 44 miles east-northeast of Oklahoma City.
Michelann Ooten, a spokeswoman for the Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management, also confirmed a quake on the scale of 5 was recorded.
It came on a day a series of quakes rattled the state, including a 4.7 magnitude quake early Saturday.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate