Death toll rises to 26 in second Turkey quake in 2 weeks
VAN, Turkey (KABC) -- The death toll from the second quake to hit Turkey in the last two weeks now stands at 26, and officials believe that number could go higher.
Saturday, the body of a second missing journalist was pulled from the rubble of a flattened hotel in the eastern part of the country. The body of another reporter was pulled from the debris just hours earlier.
It was not known how many people remained buried in the rubble of the Bayram Hotel.
The hotel is one of two that fell apart on Wednesday when a 5.6-magnitude quake hit.
A magnitude 7.2-magnitude earthquake hit the same area last month.
More than 600 people were killed.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
earthquake, earthquake center
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial 10 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe 25 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 31 min ago
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death 7 min ago
- Informant speaks out on jail abuse probe 24 min ago
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank
- Man arrested for Ventura transient's murder
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke