Death toll rises to 26 in second Turkey quake in 2 weeks
VAN, Turkey (KABC) -- The death toll from the second quake to hit Turkey in the last two weeks now stands at 26, and officials believe that number could go higher.
Saturday, the body of a second missing journalist was pulled from the rubble of a flattened hotel in the eastern part of the country. The body of another reporter was pulled from the debris just hours earlier.
It was not known how many people remained buried in the rubble of the Bayram Hotel.
The hotel is one of two that fell apart on Wednesday when a 5.6-magnitude quake hit.
A magnitude 7.2-magnitude earthquake hit the same area last month.
More than 600 people were killed.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
earthquake, earthquake center
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Suspect killed in Alhambra PD station ID'ed
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns 3 min ago
- NorCal beach parking fee fight gets heated 46 min ago
- Frazier Park fire almost fully contained
- Obama addresses Morehouse College graduates
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut 30 min ago
- OTRC: Kelly Rowland in talks to be 'X Factor' judge