Mag.-5.3 quake hits King City near central California
KING CITY, Calif. (KABC) -- A 5.3-magnitude earthquake shook residents near King City in Central California around midnight Sunday.
According to the USGS, the quake shook 16 miles east northeast of King City, north of Paso Robles. Thousands reported feeling shaking from the quake.
There were no reports of inuries or damage.
In December 2003, a 6.5-magnitude quake killed two women in Paso Robles after the city's landmark clock tower collapsed during the shaking.
earthquake, earthquake center
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event