Magnitude-2.8 earthquake hits near LAX
LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (KABC) -- An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 2.8 struck near Los Angeles International Airport on Thursday morning.
The small temblor hit three miles south-southwest of the airport at 6:03 a.m. PT.
Eyewitness News viewers reported feeling a quick jolt in areas such as Santa Monica, Venice, Inglewood and Redondo Beach.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
earthquake, earthquake center
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 44 min ago
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank
- Man arrested for Ventura transient's murder
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Video: Evangeline Lilly talks 'The Hobbit' film 28 min ago
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke