Magnitude-2.8 earthquake hits near LAX
LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (KABC) -- An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 2.8 struck near Los Angeles International Airport on Thursday morning.
The small temblor hit three miles south-southwest of the airport at 6:03 a.m. PT.
Eyewitness News viewers reported feeling a quick jolt in areas such as Santa Monica, Venice, Inglewood and Redondo Beach.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
earthquake, earthquake center
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India 1 min ago
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez's sexy new music video
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
50 min ago