Magnitude-2.8 earthquake hits near LAX
LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (KABC) -- An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 2.8 struck near Los Angeles International Airport on Thursday morning.
The small temblor hit three miles south-southwest of the airport at 6:03 a.m. PT.
Eyewitness News viewers reported feeling a quick jolt in areas such as Santa Monica, Venice, Inglewood and Redondo Beach.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
earthquake, earthquake center
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks