5.0-magnitude earthquake hits Indonesia
JAKARTA, Indonesia (KABC) -- A earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 5.0 struck Indonesia on Thursday.
The earthquake struck just after 10 a.m. PT. There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage.
The USGS said the temblor was centered on the southeastern part of the island of Sumatra.
earthquake, earthquake center
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial 6 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe 36 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 5 min ago
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case 36 min ago
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank
- Man arrested for Ventura transient's murder
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment 10 min ago
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist 49 min ago
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown 59 min ago
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- 'Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke