4.0-mag. earthquake hits Palos Verdes area
PALOS VERDES, Calif. (KABC) -- A small earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 4.0 struck the Palos Verdes area at 1 p.m. Wednesday.
The quake was centered seven miles south of Palos Verdes.
Residents in Downey, Torrance, Long Beach, Carson and South Los Angeles reported feeling shaking from the earthquake.
There were no reports of damage or injury.
earthquake, earthquake center
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine 42 min ago
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Missing flight's last words were routine
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video 49 min ago
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer won't seek third term 43 min ago
- Ukraine accuses Russia of military buildup
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Fitbit Force recalled over allergic reactions
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons