Small 3.1-magnitude earthquake hits near Morongo Valley
MORONGO VALLEY, SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY (KABC) -- An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 3.1 shook near Morongo Valley on Saturday.
According to the USGS, the quake hit at 3:25 p.m. about 4 miles southwest of Morongo Valley and had a depth of 5.7 miles.
Some Eyewitness News viewers on Twitter said they felt the temblor. One viewer in Palm Springs described it as "a quick shake." There were no immediate reports of damages or injuries.
earthquake, earthquake center
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 10 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college 26 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway 6 min ago
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters 21 min ago
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2