Small earthquake shakes Marina del Rey area
MARINA DEL REY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A small earthquake struck the Marina del Rey area shortly before noon on Friday, shaking parts of west Los Angeles.
According to the U.S. Geological Survey, the magnitude-3.1 tremor occurred at 11:48 a.m. PT about 1 mile northwest of Marina del Rey, 3 miles southeast of Santa Monica and 3 miles north-northwest of Los Angeles International Airport.
The quake was about 6 miles deep.
Residents reported shaking from Inglewood, El Segundo, Santa Monica, Westwood and Koreatown.
There were no immediate reports of damage.
earthquake, west los angeles, earthquake center
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought 55 min ago
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Calif. bill would ban orcas in SeaWorld shows
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere