Earthquake with preliminary magnitude 3.0 hits Silver Lake
SILVER LAKE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 3.0 struck in the Silver Lake area Saturday morning.
The quake hit about 1 mile west-southwest of Silver Lake, about 2 miles north-northwest of MacArthur Park and about 2 miles west-northwest of Echo Park at about 10:13 a.m. PT.
According to the U.S. Geological Survey, the temblor had a depth of about 5.2 miles.
Viewers reported feeling the quake from Beverly Hills, South Pasadena, Burbank, West Hollywood, East Los Angeles and Highland Park.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
earthquake, earthquake center
- OC school bus crash: Several injuries reported 31 min ago
- Big-rig crash shuts down 210 Fwy, Gold Line 9 min ago
- Protesters commemorate Armenian Genocide
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Olivia Wilde, Jason Sudeikis welcome baby boy
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover 2 min ago
- Compton aerial surveillance provokes backlash
43 min ago