New fire station opens in Riverside County
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- Just ahead of what could be a busy fire season, the Riverside County Fire Department has a new station near Lake Mathews.
The 9,400-square-foot station replaces a 61-year-old station that was about a third of the size.
Fire station No. 4 cost $5.5 million to build, paid in part by development impact fees and the fire facilities fund.
The state of the art facility includes a cooking/dining area, physical training room, community meeting room and semi-private sleeping quarters.
riverside county, fire, wildfire center
- Race for LA mayor too close to call 59 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned 47 min ago
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- Trutanich concedes to Feuer for city attorney 4 min ago
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10