New fire station opens in Riverside County
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- Just ahead of what could be a busy fire season, the Riverside County Fire Department has a new station near Lake Mathews.
The 9,400-square-foot station replaces a 61-year-old station that was about a third of the size.
Fire station No. 4 cost $5.5 million to build, paid in part by development impact fees and the fire facilities fund.
The state of the art facility includes a cooking/dining area, physical training room, community meeting room and semi-private sleeping quarters.
riverside county, fire, wildfire center
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City 43 min ago
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour