New fire station opens in Riverside County
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- Just ahead of what could be a busy fire season, the Riverside County Fire Department has a new station near Lake Mathews.
The 9,400-square-foot station replaces a 61-year-old station that was about a third of the size.
Fire station No. 4 cost $5.5 million to build, paid in part by development impact fees and the fire facilities fund.
The state of the art facility includes a cooking/dining area, physical training room, community meeting room and semi-private sleeping quarters.
riverside county, fire, wildfire center
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- Some CA cities seek water independence 52 min ago
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 36 min ago
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians