Lake View Terrace fire may be result of arson
LAKE VIEW TERRACE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A brush fire that started in Lake View Terrace may have been the result of arson, according to fire officials.
The blaze broke out Saturday on Terra Vista Way near the Angeles National Forest and the 210 Freeway.
The slow-moving fire charred about 5 acres. The steep terrain posed a challenge to firefighters who fought the flames from the air and the ground.
They managed to extinguish the fire in about 50 minutes.
Fire investigators said they found suspicious evidence in the area.
No structures were damaged and no one was injured.
fire, wildfire center
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 17 min ago
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 15 min ago
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar 16 min ago
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced 2 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts