Lake View Terrace fire may be result of arson
LAKE VIEW TERRACE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A brush fire that started in Lake View Terrace may have been the result of arson, according to fire officials.
The blaze broke out Saturday on Terra Vista Way near the Angeles National Forest and the 210 Freeway.
The slow-moving fire charred about 5 acres. The steep terrain posed a challenge to firefighters who fought the flames from the air and the ground.
They managed to extinguish the fire in about 50 minutes.
Fire investigators said they found suspicious evidence in the area.
No structures were damaged and no one was injured.
fire, wildfire center
- Oklahoma tornadoes level homes, kill man 5 min ago
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested