Acton-area brush fire fully contained; 125 acres charred
ACTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A brush fire in Acton is fully contained. The blaze, which started on West Crown Valley Road on Tuesday afternoon, has burned 125 acres.
Thirty homes were evacuated. The flames destroyed one mobile home and three outbuildings that were all remnants of an old mining town.
Crews said a quick and aggressive air assault helped keep the fire from getting out of control.
The cause remains under investigation.
wildfire, fire, wildfire center
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'