Brush fire breaks out in Lake Mathews area
LAKE MATHEWS, RIVERSIDE COUNTY (KABC) -- A brush fire in the Lake Mathews area Sunday consumed at least 256 acres, but no structures were threatened, officials said.
The fire was reported about 3:40 p.m. in the area of Lakepointe Drive and La Sierra Avenue.
Fire officials said the fire was burning at a moderate rate and pushed by afternoon winds. By 11 p.m., the fire was 80 percent contained. The fire was expected to be fully under control by 6 p.m. Monday.
No injuries were reported.
fire, riverside county, wildfire center
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'