Brush fire breaks out in Lake Mathews area
LAKE MATHEWS, RIVERSIDE COUNTY (KABC) -- A brush fire in the Lake Mathews area Sunday consumed at least 256 acres, but no structures were threatened, officials said.
The fire was reported about 3:40 p.m. in the area of Lakepointe Drive and La Sierra Avenue.
Fire officials said the fire was burning at a moderate rate and pushed by afternoon winds. By 11 p.m., the fire was 80 percent contained. The fire was expected to be fully under control by 6 p.m. Monday.
No injuries were reported.
fire, riverside county, wildfire center
- Oklahoma tornado: Recovery effort under way
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day 17 min ago
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing
- Former IRS chief knew little about targeting 22 min ago
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- Heart rate fitness tool helps burn calories 22 min ago
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- OTRC: 2013 Cannes fashion: celebs don white (Poll)