Brush fire breaks out in Lake Mathews area
LAKE MATHEWS, RIVERSIDE COUNTY (KABC) -- A brush fire in the Lake Mathews area Sunday consumed at least 256 acres, but no structures were threatened, officials said.
The fire was reported about 3:40 p.m. in the area of Lakepointe Drive and La Sierra Avenue.
Fire officials said the fire was burning at a moderate rate and pushed by afternoon winds. By 11 p.m., the fire was 80 percent contained. The fire was expected to be fully under control by 6 p.m. Monday.
No injuries were reported.
fire, riverside county, wildfire center
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train 12 min ago
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- LB mayoral candidate mailer wrongly shows SD
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter
- El Nino watch: Cycle possible next winter
59 min ago