Brush fire in Glendora knocked down
GLENDORA, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters knocked down a brush fire near the 210 Freeway and Sunflower Avenue in Glendora that consumed 16 acres.
Los Angeles County fire crews were dispatched to the scene at 4:50 p.m. Saturday. By 7 p.m., it had grown to 16 acres. Firefighters had it under control by 7:30 p.m.
The fire burned near a residential area, but no evacuations were ordered.
Fire officials said they would stay until 2 a.m. Sunday to watch over the area in case of flare-ups.
fire, wildfire center
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut