Beaumont-Banning wildfire continues into 2nd day
BEAUMONT, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters worked steadily to fully contain a wildfire burning near the Beaumont-Banning area, now in its second day.
As of Sunday evening, the blaze was 70 percent contained. Officials said they expected full containment by about 6 p.m. Monday.
The blaze was first reported Saturday afternoon and blackened 2,200 acres by night time.
No injuries were reported and no structures were being threatened.
Nearly 300 firefighters were at the scene.
The cause of the fire was under investigation.
fire, wildfire center
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2