Beaumont-Banning wildfire continues into 2nd day
BEAUMONT, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters worked steadily to fully contain a wildfire burning near the Beaumont-Banning area, now in its second day.
As of Sunday evening, the blaze was 70 percent contained. Officials said they expected full containment by about 6 p.m. Monday.
The blaze was first reported Saturday afternoon and blackened 2,200 acres by night time.
No injuries were reported and no structures were being threatened.
Nearly 300 firefighters were at the scene.
The cause of the fire was under investigation.
fire, wildfire center
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino 12 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles 39 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County 1 min ago
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 5 min ago
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested 7 min ago
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
41 min ago