Beaumont-Banning wildfire continues into 2nd day
BEAUMONT, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters worked steadily to fully contain a wildfire burning near the Beaumont-Banning area, now in its second day.
As of Sunday evening, the blaze was 70 percent contained. Officials said they expected full containment by about 6 p.m. Monday.
The blaze was first reported Saturday afternoon and blackened 2,200 acres by night time.
No injuries were reported and no structures were being threatened.
Nearly 300 firefighters were at the scene.
The cause of the fire was under investigation.
fire, wildfire center
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet 13 min ago
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 2 min ago
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer 43 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)