Beaumont-Banning wildfire continues into 2nd day
BEAUMONT, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters worked steadily to fully contain a wildfire burning near the Beaumont-Banning area, now in its second day.
As of Sunday evening, the blaze was 70 percent contained. Officials said they expected full containment by about 6 p.m. Monday.
The blaze was first reported Saturday afternoon and blackened 2,200 acres by night time.
No injuries were reported and no structures were being threatened.
Nearly 300 firefighters were at the scene.
The cause of the fire was under investigation.
fire, wildfire center
- Van Nuys road rage: 2 well-dressed men fight
- Wrong-way driver causes 8-car pileup on 14 Fwy
- SoCal fire season could be worst in 100 years
- South LA chase ends with crash, standoff
- West Hills murder suspect caught in motel room
- 911 caller in Pasadena shooting pleads guilty
- Motorcycle fleeing police crashes; 2 dead
- Dog goes missing from Norco grooming shop
- Passenger rants about poison, CIA on plane
- abcnews: Victim's grandson welcomes release of killer
- G8 meeting: Divisions over Syrian civil war
- Yoga may help kids' mental, physical health
- Jackson trial: Former record exec testifies
- OTRC: 'Girl Meets World' getting full series