Llano brush fire prompts home evacs at LA-San Bernardino County border
LLANO, Calif. (KABC) -- A brush fire has forced some residents to evacuate their homes by Route 138 at Fort Tejon Road in Llano on Saturday.
The blaze was reported at about 11:42 a.m. on Saturday. As of 2 p.m., the fire was 80 percent contained at 33 acres near the San Bernardino County line.
California Highway Patrol officers and sheriff's deputies evacuated scattered ranches and homes on the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains, northwest of Wrightwood.
Area roads were shut down during the fire fight.
City News Service contributed to this report.
fire, brush fire, wildfire center
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker 56 min ago
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater 14 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- Rancho Santa Margarita crash leaves 5 injured
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis