Llano brush fire prompts home evacs at LA-San Bernardino County border
LLANO, Calif. (KABC) -- A brush fire has forced some residents to evacuate their homes by Route 138 at Fort Tejon Road in Llano on Saturday.
The blaze was reported at about 11:42 a.m. on Saturday. As of 2 p.m., the fire was 80 percent contained at 33 acres near the San Bernardino County line.
California Highway Patrol officers and sheriff's deputies evacuated scattered ranches and homes on the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains, northwest of Wrightwood.
Area roads were shut down during the fire fight.
City News Service contributed to this report.
fire, brush fire, wildfire center
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX 40 min ago
- Two men arrested in Simi Valley car thefts
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors