NorCal Robbers Fire triggers home evacuations
FORESTHILL, Calif. (KABC) -- New evacuations are under way outside Sacramento, where a fast-moving wildfire nearly quadrupled in size in less than a day.
The so-called Robbers Fire is threatening the town of Foresthill, prompting the evacuation of some 300 homes.
Fueled by hot and dry conditions, the fire is just 10 percent contained and has burned 800 acres. It's currently threatening 150 homes.
Firefighters fear the flames could jump the American River and also threaten the town of Colfax.
Gov. Jerry Brown has called in more firefighters and the California National Guard to battle the blaze.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
fire, wildfire center
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour