Robbers Fire near Sacramento destroys house, threatening more
FORESTHILL, Calif. (KABC) -- A fast moving wildfire is closing in on a community northeast of Sacramento, and one home has already been destroyed.
Sunday morning, flames threatened another 170 houses near the communities of Yankee Jim and Iowa Hill. The so-called Robbers Fire has evacuated about 300 people living near Placer County in the community of Colfax.
The fire started on Wednesday and has since scorched three square miles. Currently, it's about 20 percent contained.
Officials are worried the fire could jump the American River and endanger Foresthill, a community of about 1,500 people.
Nine firefighters have been hurt fighting this fire.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
fire, wildfire center
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Tornadoes sweep across Kansas and Oklahoma
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested