Robbers Fire near Sacramento destroys house, threatening more
FORESTHILL, Calif. (KABC) -- A fast moving wildfire is closing in on a community northeast of Sacramento, and one home has already been destroyed.
Sunday morning, flames threatened another 170 houses near the communities of Yankee Jim and Iowa Hill. The so-called Robbers Fire has evacuated about 300 people living near Placer County in the community of Colfax.
The fire started on Wednesday and has since scorched three square miles. Currently, it's about 20 percent contained.
Officials are worried the fire could jump the American River and endanger Foresthill, a community of about 1,500 people.
Nine firefighters have been hurt fighting this fire.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
fire, wildfire center
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
8 min ago