Robbers Fire near Sacramento destroys house, threatening more
FORESTHILL, Calif. (KABC) -- A fast moving wildfire is closing in on a community northeast of Sacramento, and one home has already been destroyed.
Sunday morning, flames threatened another 170 houses near the communities of Yankee Jim and Iowa Hill. The so-called Robbers Fire has evacuated about 300 people living near Placer County in the community of Colfax.
The fire started on Wednesday and has since scorched three square miles. Currently, it's about 20 percent contained.
Officials are worried the fire could jump the American River and endanger Foresthill, a community of about 1,500 people.
Nine firefighters have been hurt fighting this fire.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
fire, wildfire center
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries 59 min ago
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar 43 min ago
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced 4 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break