Robbers Fire near Sacramento destroys house, threatening more
FORESTHILL, Calif. (KABC) -- A fast moving wildfire is closing in on a community northeast of Sacramento, and one home has already been destroyed.
Sunday morning, flames threatened another 170 houses near the communities of Yankee Jim and Iowa Hill. The so-called Robbers Fire has evacuated about 300 people living near Placer County in the community of Colfax.
The fire started on Wednesday and has since scorched three square miles. Currently, it's about 20 percent contained.
Officials are worried the fire could jump the American River and endanger Foresthill, a community of about 1,500 people.
Nine firefighters have been hurt fighting this fire.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
fire, wildfire center
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video