Placer County wildfire: 30 percent contained
FORESTHILL, Calif. (KABC) -- High temperatures and strong winds are making it hard for crews to get the upper hand on a massive wildfire in Placer County.
The so-called Robbers Fire is burning in rugged terrain near the community of Colfax. The blaze is 30 percent contained.
Officials said 170 homes are threatened. The flames already destroyed one house and four outbuildings.
Since the blaze broke out last Wednesday, it has consumed nearly four square miles and left 12 firefighters injured.
Residents are evacuated from the Yankee Jims Canyon and Shirttail Canyon areas, as well as parts of Iowa Hill. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
fire, wildfire center
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 29 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US 32 min ago
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis