Placer County wildfire: 30 percent contained
FORESTHILL, Calif. (KABC) -- High temperatures and strong winds are making it hard for crews to get the upper hand on a massive wildfire in Placer County.
The so-called Robbers Fire is burning in rugged terrain near the community of Colfax. The blaze is 30 percent contained.
Officials said 170 homes are threatened. The flames already destroyed one house and four outbuildings.
Since the blaze broke out last Wednesday, it has consumed nearly four square miles and left 12 firefighters injured.
Residents are evacuated from the Yankee Jims Canyon and Shirttail Canyon areas, as well as parts of Iowa Hill. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
fire, wildfire center
- Burglary suspects sexually assault woman
- Sex offender arrested for sex with minor
- Boy brings loaded gun to Garden Grove school
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- Man tries to lure Culver City girl into car
- TSA responds to case on disabled LAX passenger
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- South Korea ferry death toll reaches 156
- abcnews: McCann probers focus on child sex attacker
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- Jay Z, Beyonce Rose Bowl concert approved
- OTRC: Jodie Foster weds partner Alexandra Hedison