Placer County wildfire: 30 percent contained
FORESTHILL, Calif. (KABC) -- High temperatures and strong winds are making it hard for crews to get the upper hand on a massive wildfire in Placer County.
The so-called Robbers Fire is burning in rugged terrain near the community of Colfax. The blaze is 30 percent contained.
Officials said 170 homes are threatened. The flames already destroyed one house and four outbuildings.
Since the blaze broke out last Wednesday, it has consumed nearly four square miles and left 12 firefighters injured.
Residents are evacuated from the Yankee Jims Canyon and Shirttail Canyon areas, as well as parts of Iowa Hill. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
fire, wildfire center
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 20 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks