Placer County wildfire: 30 percent contained
FORESTHILL, Calif. (KABC) -- High temperatures and strong winds are making it hard for crews to get the upper hand on a massive wildfire in Placer County.
The so-called Robbers Fire is burning in rugged terrain near the community of Colfax. The blaze is 30 percent contained.
Officials said 170 homes are threatened. The flames already destroyed one house and four outbuildings.
Since the blaze broke out last Wednesday, it has consumed nearly four square miles and left 12 firefighters injured.
Residents are evacuated from the Yankee Jims Canyon and Shirttail Canyon areas, as well as parts of Iowa Hill. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
fire, wildfire center
- Oklahoma tornado: 20 children among 51 killed
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- Garcetti, Greuel make final stops across LA
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts w/ 2 girls
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy 16 min ago
- Experts warn about testosterone supplements
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10
- Coyotes search for water in IE communities
49 min ago