Placer County wildfire: 30 percent contained
FORESTHILL, Calif. (KABC) -- High temperatures and strong winds are making it hard for crews to get the upper hand on a massive wildfire in Placer County.
The so-called Robbers Fire is burning in rugged terrain near the community of Colfax. The blaze is 30 percent contained.
Officials said 170 homes are threatened. The flames already destroyed one house and four outbuildings.
Since the blaze broke out last Wednesday, it has consumed nearly four square miles and left 12 firefighters injured.
Residents are evacuated from the Yankee Jims Canyon and Shirttail Canyon areas, as well as parts of Iowa Hill. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
fire, wildfire center
- DUI driver slams into apartment, killing girl 5 min ago
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter 56 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Laughing can improve memory 21 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 25 min ago
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour