Grass fire causes traffic delays on 71 North
CHINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A grass fire erupted near Prado Regional Park in Chino on Wednesday, shutting down lanes on the 71 Freeway.
Firefighters responded to the blaze near the 71 Freeway and Euclid Avenue at 3:04 p.m. By 9:30 p.m., the fire scorched 60 acres and was 75 percent contained.
Northbound lanes of the 71 Freeway were shut down due to the fire fight, causing traffic to back up to the 91 Freeway, according to SigAlert. By late Wednesday night, traffic was moving at about 40 mph at its slowest.
fire, san bernardino county, wildfire center
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US 25 min ago
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame 15 min ago
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis