Grass fire causes traffic delays on 71 North
CHINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A grass fire erupted near Prado Regional Park in Chino on Wednesday, shutting down lanes on the 71 Freeway.
Firefighters responded to the blaze near the 71 Freeway and Euclid Avenue at 3:04 p.m. By 9:30 p.m., the fire scorched 60 acres and was 75 percent contained.
Northbound lanes of the 71 Freeway were shut down due to the fire fight, causing traffic to back up to the 91 Freeway, according to SigAlert. By late Wednesday night, traffic was moving at about 40 mph at its slowest.
fire, san bernardino county, wildfire center
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse 36 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 17 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Man barricaded in Whittier apartment building 7 min ago
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts