Arroyo Verde Park fire in Ventura full containment
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A wildfire that burned out of control in Ventura County is now 100 percent contained.
The fire broke out around 5 p.m. Monday north of Arroyo Verde Park in east Ventura. The fire has scorched 58 acres.
Authorities said 150 firefighters worked the lines, including some from Santa Barbara County. No homes were threatened.
The cause of the blaze remains under investigation.
fire, brush fire, wildfire center
- Oklahoma tornado: Recovery effort under way
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- Heart rate fitness tool helps burn calories 1 min ago
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 2013 Cannes fashion: celebs don white (Poll)