Arroyo Verde Park fire in Ventura full containment
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- A wildfire that burned out of control in Ventura County is now 100 percent contained.
The fire broke out around 5 p.m. Monday north of Arroyo Verde Park in east Ventura. The fire has scorched 58 acres.
Authorities said 150 firefighters worked the lines, including some from Santa Barbara County. No homes were threatened.
The cause of the blaze remains under investigation.
fire, brush fire, wildfire center
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)